Chesco Homes Report: For Sale & Sold, Dec. 26, 2014
124 Shepherd lane, Kemblesville. Photo courtesy of Realtor.com.
If you are wondering what houses in the area are selling for, we provide a monthly wrap up for these towns, as well. If you’ve noticed a house for sale in your neighborhood and wondered what it went for, scroll to the bottom of the article for a list of this month's top 10.
1. 26 Bluff Road, Nottingham ($424,900) - Nestled in a quiet cul de sac surrounded by farmland and trees this stunning Colonial is a delight to show. Lots of room to entertain in front and rear with wonderful privacy. Relax on the spacious deck with hot tub over looking valley or enjoy the farmland views from the covered front porch. Newly installed Granite countertops/island with pretty Tile Back splash overlooks the spacious eat in kitchen. 1st floor office could also be guest room. Built in 1994, the home features four bedrooms, three bathrooms, and a two-car garage.
2. 316 Anvil Road, Nottingham ($239,900) - Nice home situated on a great lot. Two story foyer with hardwood flooring. Formal living and dining rooms. Kitchen has a breakfast room and french door leading to deck and is adjacent to the family room. There is a first floor powder room and a laundry room. The second floor has a large MBR suite with double door entrance, walk-in closet, master bath with dual vanity, soaking tub and stall shower. Two additional bedrooms and a hall bath complete the second floor. Expansive rear deck. Beautiful setting near the end of the cul-de-sac. Built in 1998, the house has three bedrooms, two and a half bathrooms, and a two-car garage.
3. 16 Gamble St., Nottingham ($110,000) - Country setting for this solid brick ranch, minutes from 43, nice size rooms, basement has a room partially finished. Built in 1955, the ranch has a one-car garage, three bedrooms, and one bathroom.
4. 72 N. 4th St., Oxford ($97,900) - Nicely appointed Twin located in the Borough of Oxford. This home features spacious rooms, wood floors throughout and nice millwork. The Living room has turned hardwood staircase, Dining room, and tastefully updated Kitchen, ceiling fans and front and rear porches. Upstairs are three bedrooms and full bath. Outbuilding/garage in the rear and alley parking. Walk-up attic and full basement complete this lovely home. Situated close to downtown shops, restaurants and activities. Near Route 1 offering an easy commute to many locations. Corporate owned; Sold "as is." Built in 1929, the house has a one-car garage.
5. 98 Elizabeth Way, Oxford ($325,000) - Large expanded colonial on two scenic acres features a first floor office, 9-foot ceilings, attached garage and a 24 x 24 detached garage, with loft, for your projects, workshop or extra vehicles. Dramatic 2 story foyer welcomes family and guests with gleaming hardwood floors and double doors to your own home office. Large country kitchen opens to the expanded Family room to create the popular floor plan for 2014! Kitchen features corian counters, island, pantry, open soffits and hardwood floors that extend to the eating area. Oversized and expanded Family Room features 12-foot ceilings and an amazing stone fireplace to gather around on those winter nights. Main bedroom suite, on the second floor, is dramatic with two walk in closets, ceiling fan and double doors to the garden style bath. Mostly finished basement, with walkout glass doors to grade, provides a play room with builtin blackboard, rec room, full bath, and a cozy wood stove. Home backs to woods for a parklike view that Southern Chester County is known for. Built in 2006, featuring a four-car garage.
6. 301 Blake Road, Oxford ($239,900) - Three bedroom rancher in move-in condition. Large living room and spacious country kitchen that has atrium doors overlooking countryside. Protected area in back of property. Two car attached garage with extra large black top driveway to accommodate larger vehicles or horse trailer. Built in 1994.
7. 124 Shepherd Lane, Kemblesville ($339,900) - Fantastic home located in desirable Avon-Grove School District. The cul-de-sac community of Shepherd's Hollow just off Rt. 896. is a quiet, tree-lined neighborhood. This four BR, 2.5 bath home features new kitchen as well as appliances, new carpet, fresh paint and brilliant hardwoods throughout the first level leading to the family room with real working fireplace, exit to deck, and large eat-in kitchen with all new cabinets, backsplash, and appliances. Also features a newer tankless water heater and HVAC system. A stream with bridge on the rear of the property is easily seen from rear deck, finished walk-out basement with plenty of storage/work space in the rear of basement. Stone landscape and A pond accent the front beautifully. This home is priced aggressively and will not last please add to your tour today. Built in 1992, the house has a two-car garage.
8. 02 Emerson Drive, Landenberg ($444,900) - The Fairfield offers the convenience of one level living with three bedrooms, two baths and a two car garage. Wyndemere features tranquil homesites with generous open space surrounded by the rolling hills of Landenberg, and located in the Avon Grove School District. Wyndemere offers an extensive design portfolio with each home richly appointed with features that will exceed your expectations...such as hardwood flooring in the Foyer, Kitchen and Breakfast area, ceramic tile in all full Baths, granite countertop in Kitchen and so much more!. Proposed Construction. (Listed Price reflects the Traditional exterior presentation).
9. 4 Queens Court, Landenberg ($609,900) - Nestled on a professionally landscaped 1.6 acres, you will know you are home upon arrival. Located in the Somerset Lake Community, this unique home offers something for everyone. Whether you are entertaining with a formal dinner party or spending time by your pool with family and friends you will enjoy the many amenities at your disposal. Arriving via the paver stone driveway, you will enter thru a multi-storied foyer leading to a formal living with cathedral ceiling, gas fireplace, hardwood floors and architectural molding, your dining room features hardwood floors, crown molding and wainscoting. Your kitchen with center island, two pantries has French doors leading to you deck with a retractable awning. The Family Room with fireplace leads to your spacious sunroom, with additional access to your deck. A powder room, laundry room with cabinets and mud room complete your first floor. Continuing to your second floor with a master suite, complete with laundry chute, two closets and full bath including a jetted soaking tub and double sinks, additional bedrooms and a hall bath. There are spiral steps leading to your third floor loft, with balcony overlooking your in ground pool with waterfall and large back yard with gazebo, bridge over your stream and firepit. You also have a fully finished basement with additional bedroom, family room and built in bar. Once outside you have a built in gas grille, pool house with additional garage, full bath, washer and dryer and changing area with sink. More upgrades than you can imagine. Call for an appointment today. Built in 1989.
10. 6 Windsor Court, Landenberg ($409,900) - Exquisite and stately home in pastoral Southern Chester County within commuting distance to the University of Delaware, major employers, the I-95 corridor and Wilmington. The Windsor development is laid out around a central 'Green space'. Light, bright and airy - the open floor plan lends itself to entertaining family and friends. Gleaming hardwood floors great you upon entering the two-story foyer. The Cook's Kitchen is sure to please with beautiful granite counters, central work island, cabinets, custom tile back splash, double ovens and sinks, and so much more. The Kitchen is open to the Sun-room where one can access the beautiful composite deck and the lovely views. Additionally on the Living Level there is a private office with French Doors, an open Living Room and Dining room both with hardwoods floors, and a inviting Family Room with built-in bookcases and a fireplace to snuggle around when nights turn crisp! The Owners suite is to die for with an over-sized sitting area with vaulted ceilings, enormous custom walk-in closet, private en suite bath with jetted tub and his and her sinks. The remaining bedrooms are generously sized with good storage and tastefully decorated. Built in 2007.
Sold HomesThe following houses were sold in the last month:
- 364 W. Christine Road, Nottingham - $85,000
- 2724 Lewisville Road, Oxford - $135,000
- 244 Sleepy Hollow Road, Nottingham - $155,000
- 22 Kimble Road, Nottingham - $187,500
- 112 Midland Drive, Oxford - $210,000
- 325 Penn Ave., Oxford - $229,900
- 77 Good Hope Road, Landenberg - $249,900
- 436 Highland Court, Oxford - $382,640
- 201 Dangina Drive, Landenberg - $418,000
- 104 Pau Nel Drive, Landenberg - $469,500