Chesco Homes Report: For Sale & Sold, Nov. 28, 2014
11/28/2014 10:00AM ● Published by Kevin
108 Mallory Lane, Oxford. Photo courtesy of Realtor.com.
Gallery: Monthly Homes Report - Nottingham, Oxford, Lewisville, Kemblesville, Landenberg (Nov. 28, 2014) [10 Images] Click any image to expand.
If you are wondering what houses in the area are selling for, we provide a monthly wrap up for these towns, as well. If you’ve noticed a house for sale in your neighborhood and wondered what it went for, scroll to the bottom of the article for a list of this month's top 10.
1. 1790 N. Clay Creek Road, Landenberg ($374,900) - Here is a rare opportunity for one to own a beautiful contemporary home with cabin-like features in the lovely Avon Grove school district. This distinctive home is set on a private 1.20 acre lot that presents many updates. Starting with a custom kitchen with granite countertops and natural hickory cabinets, a Great Room with beautiful natural brick flooring, open beam ceiling and propane fireplace all opening to a sunroom that has an abundance of natural light. The Sunroom also has impressive views of rear yard and leads out to a large wrap around deck which has been recently power washed and painted. The Master suite also consists of open beam ceilings with walk-in closet, dressing area, new laminate flooring and easy access to main floor laundry area. There are two other nice sized bedrooms, with a updated bathroom and family room on second floor. New (2012) A/C system, high efficiently heat pump and new UV light installed in well system. Built in 1979, the home features three bedrooms, two and a half bathrooms, and a two-car garage.
2. 4 Gaebel Lane, Landenberg ($345,000) - Welcome home to this beautiful home situated on a gorgeous one-acre lot in the Avon Grove School District. The private tree-lined lane ends in a cul-de-sac making it the perfect place to walk the dogs or enjoy a leisurely stroll. Enter through the bright foyer and explore the first floor with features such as: Brazilian cherry hardwood floors, family room with grand fireplace, formal dining room, large eat-in kitchen, living room, as well as laundry room and half bath. The second floor boasts a spacious master bedroom with master bath suite, three additional bedrooms with full bath and a bonus room which can be a fifth bedroom, craft room, or playroom. The large unfinished basement is just waiting to be finished off for additional living space. Lastly, enjoy those evenings out back in your secluded backyard surrounded by mature landscaping and beautiful trees lining the property. Built in 2000, the house has four bedrooms, two and a half baths, and a two-car garage.
3. 5 Evans Drive, Landenberg ($675,000) - Open the door to prestige and elegance. This dramatic 2 story entry projects the open mood of this gracious home. Situated on an acre of manicured grounds, this stately colonial offers an entertainment size living room, as well as a banquet perfect dining room. Anyone who cooks will love this kitchen. It boasts the ultimate in gourmet convenience: Corian countertops, 5 burner cooktop, double oven and butler's pantry. All the architectural drama, yet warm and intimate is the best description of the two story family room. Close the master bedroom's door and a luxury bath, private deck and your own fireplace awaits you. The lower level is perfect for extended guest; it is complete with bedroom, full size kitchen and entertainment space with yet another fireplace. A large deck overlooks the rolling lawn and towering trees providing peaceful relaxation. Built in 1990, the house features four bedrooms, three and a half baths, and a three-car garage.
4. 10 Minick Lane, Nottingham ($274,900) - Minick Lane offers estate settings with views of ponds. A great knoll to place a new home. Nine stall barn with riding arena. Fenced paddocks and fields. Run in Area, Exercise Posts. Sensational 360 degree vistas of countryside & lovely homes. This home has two bedrooms and two bathrooms.
5. 202 Walnut Drive, Nottingham ($399,900) - This spacious four bedroom home is loaded with upgrades and offers a great attention to detail both inside and out. From the moment you arrive you will quickly realize that this home is truly something special. Situated in the desirable Walnut Ridge neighborhood, this fine home offers excellent curb appeal on a beautifully landscaped lot. Some of the exterior features include a level asphalt driveway, open front porch, deluxe Colonial trim including shutters, large rear deck and table-top level back yard. Built in 2004, the home has a three-car garage.
6. 441 Little Mingo Road, Nottingham ($150,000) - Built in 1982, the house features three bedrooms, one and a half bathrooms, and a two-car garage.
7. 105 Sunset Drive, Nottingham ($274,900) - This 4 bedroom, 2.5 bath home sits on 1.712 acres & features a newly renovated kitchen, hardwood floors & hardwood stair treads made out of trees from the property. Relax by the fireplace in the large sunroom overlooking the park-like back yard. Road to home is under contract to be resurfaced. Built in 1989, the colonial home features a two-car garage.
8. 108 Mallory Lane, Oxford ($280,000) - Immaculate home in scenic Misty Meadows. This beautiful 4 bedroom, 2.5 bath home is loaded with charm and fine architectural details. A gracious 2 story foyer welcomes you to the main level boasting a modern open floor plan. The light filled living room features vaulted ceilings and fireplace. The spacious eat-in kitchen has access to the large refinished deck overlooking the countryside - perfect for entertaining. The 1st floor master bedroom suite has private full bath with dual/oversized shower. The upper level has 3 bedrooms and 1 full bath and two dormers giving the home additional charm. The large walk-out basement with 9 foot ceilings has been roughed in for an additional bathroom offering endless possibilities. Built in 2004, the home has a two-car garage.
9. 5 Highland Court, Oxford ($264,990) - Built along traditional center-hall colonial lines, with a side staircase that allows access from the front or the rear of the house, the Verona offers a seamless fusion of traditional elegance and modern amenities to the discriminating buyer. A formal Living Room and Dining Room flank the Foyer, beyond which is the enormous Family Room. Add a fireplace for those cozy evenings at home. Next to the Family Room is a large Study, or choose to make this a First Floor Bedroom, complete with full bath. Built in 2014, the home has a two-car garage.
10. 507 Market St., Oxford ($158,900) - Nice 2 unit available in Oxford - Fully Rented. Excellent investment property or could be turned back into a single family home. You could also live in one side,rent the other and have most of your mortgage paid by the other sides rent. It will produce over $600/mo. with cash flow as an investment. Lots of options here & updated plumbing, electric & heaters. Off street parking, separate utilities & entrances. Built in 1868, the house has five bedrooms and two bathrooms.
Sold HomesThe following houses were sold in the last month:
- 165 Old Limestone Road, Oxford - $65,740
- 229 Maryland Ave., Oxford - $110,000
- 320 Street Road, Oxford - $144,000
- 370 Fox Hunt Drive, Nottingham - $161,000
- 110 Cemetery Road, Nottingham - $202,500
- 206 W. Branch Road, Oxford - $242,500
- 155 Kirks Mill Road, Nottingham - $345,000
- 14 Wilkinson Drive, Landenberg - $428,000
- 1670 New London Road, Landenberg - $495,000
- 122 Waterfall Lane, Landenberg - $510,000