Chesco Homes Report: For Sale & Sold, Feb. 6, 201502/06/2015 11:45AM ● By Kevin
600 Jennersville Road, Cochranville. Photo courtesy of Realtor.com
Cochranville, Jennersville, Kelton, New London, and Lincoln University areas, ranging from $259,900 to $1,539,000, as featured on realtor.com.
If you are wondering what houses in the area are selling for, we provide a monthly wrap up for these towns, as well. If you’ve noticed a house for sale in your neighborhood and wondered what it went for, scroll to the bottom of the article for a list of this month's report.
1. 17 Birchwood Lane, Cochranville($259,900) - Country living at its finest. Colonial four bedroom, two-and-a-half bath home with in-ground swimming pool, on flat, level 1.7 acre home-site. Two-car garage with additional one-car garage for all of your storage needs. Open, neutral floor plan with large rooms including an eat-in kitchen overlooking the scenic and peaceful back yard. A BBQ pit for outdoor entertaining, newer roof, newer siding, and newer bathrooms. Ceiling fans throughout that include recessed lights and dimmers. Cozy family room fireplace complete the home. All this on a cul de sac location. Built in 1995.
2. 501 Sunblaze Lane, Cochranville($499,900) - Absolute beauty surrounded by nature. Enter through the neighborhood of Charlton Farms to this long winding drive way that leads you to this eight-year young home with a combination of modern amenities and old world charm. The grand foyer opens up to formal living room and office that leads you to the dining room and kitchen that opens up to the spacious family room. Cherry kitchen, hardwood floors and stainless steel appliances are some of the modern amenities. The home has grand stair case and stained glass door to the office. Upstairs features four bedrooms, spacious closet spaces and modern bathrooms. The basement is a walk out and is ready to be finished.
3. 600 Jennersville Road, Cochranville($1,539,000) - This is a great property for the serious horseman looking for the best in a home and equestrian facilities. The well built 7,300 square-foot home offers five bedrooms, plus four and a half baths, a third floor bonus room and full walk-out basement with a full bathroom and plumbed for a kitchen, which awaits your finishing touches. For the horses, there is a large barn with 28 large stalls, four wash stalls, a PR, and a spacious Tack Room. The second floor of the Barn offers volumes of storage. Adjacent to the barn is a huge indoor arena with good footing. There are numerous well-fenced paddocks. The house needs finishing touches mainly to the kitchen and baths. Built in 2009.
4. 302 John Hancock Blvd., Lincoln University($359,900) - Gorgeous Donleigh Model in desirable Franklin Chase. This semi-custom four-bedroom Colonial is in move-in condition. Custom paint colors throughout. The gourmet kitchen includes an island, double ovens and a cook-top stove. Hardwood floors can be found throughout most of the first floor. The two-story family room has a cozy gas fireplace. The first floor also includes a living room, dining room and an office. Custom molding throughout the first floor. The two-story foyer has an oak hardwood staircase with volute handrails. The master suite includes a large sitting room, tray ceiling, and a luxurious master bath. The two walk-in closets are very spacious. Three other generous bedrooms complete the second floor. The backyard includes a deck and a gorgeous paver-patio and walkway. Seller has added extensive landscaping. Award Winning Avon Grove SD. Built in 2005.
5. 5 Wingate Drive, Lincoln University($379,500) - Beautiful, well-maintained, two-story home in the quiet community of Wingate Farms. A modern eat-in kitchen with plenty of cabinets highlighted by a two-sided gas fireplace accents the main level. You'll find a large rear deck off the kitchen, perfect for entertaining. Walk into a spacious living room from the kitchen area to find the other side of the fireplace and a picturesque view of the back yard and wooded area. The master bedroom with walk-in closet and full bath is located on the main floor. Upstairs you will find three additional bedrooms, full bath and a large unfinished storage room. The lower level is completely finished with an additional room which could be used as a fifth bedroom. Built in 1992, the home features a two-car garage.
Sold HomesThe following houses were sold in the last month:
- 258 Ashmun Ave., Lincoln University - $25,000
- 361 Sherer Drive, Lincoln University - $520,000
- 93 St. Malachi Road, Cochranville - $700,000