Chesco Homes Report: For Sale & Sold, Jan. 30, 201501/30/2015 10:54AM ● By Kevin
639 Unionville Road, Kennett Square. Photo courtesy of Realtor.com
If you are wondering what houses in the area are selling for, we provide a monthly wrap up for these towns, as well. If you’ve noticed a house for sale in your neighborhood and wondered what it went for, scroll to the bottom of the article for a list of this month's report.
1. 1001 Newark Road, Toughkenamon ($249,900) - Classic Chester County Cape Cod featuring Ample Shed Dormers with Fantastic Shop/Garage all in convenient Toughkenamon! This immaculate home is truly move-in ready. This beautiful home features large rooms, a massive 19 x 13 great room with screened porch through 3 elegant french doors, beautiful super-maintained hardwood floors, crystal glass door knobs, craftsman wood work, four porches, finished attic, cedar closet, knotty pine room family room, beautifully pointed stone fireplace fitted with wood stove, cozy original radiators, even a charming, built-in ironing board! All bedrooms well sized, one features a balcony porch. The basement is stupendous, meticulously maintained, extra large utility sink, fios, up to date maintained furnace, a dream. Detached two car garage, air compressors, electric. Perfect for history buff, car enthusiasts or craftsman. This home has been meticulously maintained since 1981 by current owner. Lovingly landscaped with overflowing azaleas and camelias, fall color from burning bush and enjoy the shade of the large ginkgo tree. Buy with confidence, one year home warranty. Rarely do we see one in this great condition come on the market.
2. 1071 Newark Road, Toughkenamon ($184,900) - Welcome home to 1071 Newark Rd, beautiful solid home of yesteryear with lots of room, yard, and 3 car garage. Easy commute to Rt 7, 41 and Rt 1, only a stones throw from shopping and great eatery. Sitting high on the hill this home features a semi wrap around porch, hardwood floors, glass paneled doors, second floor railing and cubbies with period doors. First floor features a living room, dining room, kitchen updated powder room, laundry and office, family room or 4th bedroom. Second floor has 3 generous sized bedrooms with full updated bath and access to walk up flood attic, lots of room for storage. Large lot with plenty of parking beautifully landscaped fenced yard and above ground pool. Upgrades include new drywall, insulation, wiring, plumbing and windows on 2nd floor, new roof on kitchen and front porch.
3. 1225 W. Baltimore Pike, Toughkenamon ($525,000) - 19 + Acres. Distinctive stone home on 19.3 acres +/-. Fine home constructed by true craftsmen with excellent attention to detail and workmanship. This home has been well maintained and preserved. Grand entrance foyer with beautiful turned staircase. Formal living room with built-ins, brick fireplace and French doors to side porch. Formal dining room with stone fireplace, built-in china close. Cozy den with fireplace. Charming kitchen with modern conveniences. First floor powder room. Additional back staircase. Second floor has open hall, 5 bedrooms, full bath and powder room. Finished third floor/garret with possible additional bedrooms. Award winning school district. Possible commercial development, check with township. Beautiful rolling farmland. Land is mostly open. Possible vineyard, nursery, produce farm, tree farm. Small stream on the edge of property. Frontage on Baltimore Pike and Bancroft Road.
4. 7 Roosevelt Way, Avondale ($355,000) - Welcome to Sullivan Station! This lovely 4 bedroom 3 1/2 bath Wilkinson built home is situated on a beautifully landscaped, 1.4 acre wooded lot. Enter into the large, open foyer with hardwood floor, leading to the sunken living room with bay window. This open floor plan is great for family gatherings & entertaining, with the formal dining room having an outside entrance which leads to the wraparound porch. The spacious eat in kitchen has hardwood floors & lots of cabinet space. The adjoining family room with wood burning fireplace welcomes you on cool winter nights! Upstairs you will find a spacious master suite, with his & hers closets, master bath with soaking tub & double sink vanity. 3 more bedrooms & an updated hall bath, also with double sink vanity, complete the upstairs. The finished daylight walk out basement gives even more room for family or guests, and is complete with yet another full bath!
5. 4 Letchworth Lane, Avondale ($414,900) - Absolutely stunning home with brand new hardwood floors on first level offering a private almost an acre lot backing to private open space. Two story foyer and family room. Turned front and back staircase. Family room with cathedral ceilings and gas fireplace. First floor office. Maple kitchen 42" cabinets,tile back splash, with gas stove. Updated light fixtures.Master suite with walk in closet, four piece master bath with double sinks, tray ceiling and sitting room. Three additional spacious bedrooms with ceiling fans. Finished walk out lower level with two separate game room areas, wet bar with sink and full bath. Rear deck with hot tub leading to a beautiful enclosed pool for cooling off in hot summers. Oversize two car garage.New air conditioner, gas heat and hot water. Brick paved front and the list goes on.
6. 704 McDowell Lane, West Grove ($325,000) - The open foyer, cathedral ceilings, the beautiful genuine hardwood floors, the wonderful impressive staircase, the great room and kitchen is yet another feature for the senses. The kitchen with 42" cabinets, double stainless sink, gas stove,separate dining area with bay window, sliders to the deck, atrium windows grace the great room, with a gas fireplace on with the flick of a switch real wood graces the fireplace. This view is marvelous as this great room faces very private back yard with large evergreen trees, a view to amaze you every day as you enjoy this scene. As you leave this area thru the great hall a slight turn to the left brings you in the Master Suite,a extraordinary retreat in itself, with its own sitting room with access to the deck thru a French door, walk in closet, and full master bath, with tile galore, two vanities a soaking tub,tile shower with sitting built in bench, also a separate room holding the water closet for added privacy. As you marvel at all this home has to offer another room beckons family and friends for those special occasion dinners, this room is flanked by two pillars and a room bathed in natural light thru yet another private view to the outside. A few steps away you will find french doors leading to the den/media room and/or guest room, with windows to brighten your stay. As you leave this floor to venture to a unbelievable second floor up the grand staircase, you will come upon two extra large bedrooms,a full bath and a utility storage room, and loft, that overlooks the great room and kitchen area. The 2nd bedroom has lots of closet space as well as natural lighting, the 3rd bedroom as well has lots of natural light, a large closet and a sitting area making this bedroom exceptional for family, or guest, who will enjoy the services of the hall bath and loft. Going back down you find a washer/dryer/mud room off the hall, with access to the 2 car garage, ample parking for 4 cars in the driveway.
7. 127 Elkview Road, West Grove ($239,900) - What a great find in Avon Grove School District! This cute 2-story colonial home has an inviting front porch and sits on a high one acre lot with pretty views. Features 3 bedrooms, 2.5 bathrooms, a large 2-car garage and a finished basement. The main level features a large living room, a dining room, powder room and an eat-in kitchen with doors to deck and fenced in back yard. The upstairs features the master bathroom complete with walk-in-closet and full bath, two other bedrooms and a full hall bathroom. There is even a laundry chute from the second floor to the basement. The basement has a finished family room, an extra room with a closet that would ideally suite as a den or an office and a laundry area with utility sink. Outside access from basement. Large 2-car garage.
8. 639 Unionville Road, Kennett Square ($469,000) - Extraordinary stone and paver terrace with balcony overlook, plus screened "summer house", perfect for a gardener's get-away. Cherry Kitchen with Corian counter surfaces and generously-sized Breakfast Room with custom built-ins. Elegant Great Room with original stone fireplace and French doors. Bright Sun Room with ceramic tile, radiant heat, and French doors to Dining Room. Master Bedroom and adjoining Sitting Room plus two additional Bedrooms on second floor, and spacious fourth Bedroom on third floor with handcrafted pecan cabinetry, en suite Bathroom and walk-in closet. Many period details including glass doorknobs, antique clawfoot tub, deep window sills. Located in highly regarded Unionville-Chadds Ford School District with Hillendale Elementary, the top-ranked elementary school in the state, and with-in walking distance to Kennett Country Club and Willowdale. Public water and sewer.
9. 110 Stonepine Drive, Kennett Square ($675,000) - This beautiful custom built home boasts 5 spacious bedrooms with ample closet space, 2 full baths and 2 half baths on a professionally landscaped 1.7 acre lot with tall pines and lovely plantings. Upon entrance, the 2 story foyer welcomes you into this warm and enviting home. The completly remodeled kitchen offers granite countertops, cherry cabinets, large center island with room for seating, desk area and wet bar. Just off the kitchen is the wonderfully appointed 2 story family room with floor to ceiling stone fireplace, large windows and skylights. Enjoy the sunset view in the distance while enjoying a cozy fire or on the back deck that has kitchen and family room access. A formal living room with fireplace, a formal dining room, an executive office, half bath, large laundry room with doorway to the oversize 3 car garage completes the first floor. 2nd floor offers an updated master suite with dual sinks, granite, soaking tub and large walk-in closet and 4 additional bedrooms and full bath. A large finished lower level with outside entrance completes this fine Southern Chester County home.
10. 313 E. State St., Kennett Square ($114,900) - Handyman special. Well located home in the heart of Booming Kennett Square. Home has 2 bedrooms, 1 bath, living room, dining area, and kitchen. Home has some nice character details. This home does require work and is being sold in as-is condition, but could be a great property in a great location.
Sold HomesThe following houses were sold in the last month:
- 519 Kenview Ave., Kennett Square - $155,000
- 116 Tulsk Road, Avondale - $170,400
- 568 Hodgson Circle, West Grove - $227,500
- Cold Springs Road, Lot 5, Kennett Square - $270,000
- 125 Maple Lane, Toughkenamon - $275,000
- 100 Columbine Drive, West Grove - $315,000
- 103 Pine Valley Drive, Avondale - $317,500
- 7 Nelson Road, West Grove - $319,000
- 341 Astilbe Drive, Kennett Square - $450,000
- 528 Finn Way, Avondale - $462,457