Skip to main content

Chester County Press

An update on two recent crimes in Oxford

11/15/2021 09:40PM ● By Steven Hoffman
There have been several serious crimes in Oxford of late, but Police Chief Sam Iacono emphasized that in two of the incidents, the suspects and victims had a history with each other, and there was no threat to other residents. Oxford Police Department detective Chris Coverly continues to investigate all three incidents. 
Iacono explained that part-time officer Shakira Greer handled both crimes in the same night.
The stabbing incident occurred on Saturday, Oct. 30 at around 8 p.m. The Oxford Police Department arrested a juvenile, Giovanni Furniss, who has since been charged as an adult, in connection with the stabbing of two juvenile victims.
“The suspect has been charged with two counts of attempted murder. He knew the victims. All of them are juveniles, however, the suspect is being charged as an adult,” Iacono explained.
Iacono also added that additional persons might be charged for other incidents related to the stabbing.
“There is more to the story,” Iacono said.
Both stabbing victims have been released from the hospital.
Furniss is being held on $1 million bail. At his preliminary hearing,  held on Nov. 9 at the Oxford District Court, the hearing was continued to January 4, 2022. 
On Oct. 30, at about 6 p.m., the Oxford Police Department arrested 35-year-old John R. Logan of Oxford for an alleged domestic assault that occurred along the 100 block of N. Third Street at 4:35 p.m. Police observed injuries to the victim. The female victim reported that she was choked around the neck, head butted, and spat on. Logan was charged with one count of strangulation and two additional charges.
Logan's preliminary hearing was held on Nov. 9 at at Oxford District Court. At the time, only the simple assault and disorderly conduct chargers were held over to the Court of Common Pleas. All other charges were dismissed.
Iacono also released information on the two recent burglaries, at Mobile Station, 281 S. Third Street and the Gulf Station, 203 S. Third Street, on Oct. 25.
Suspects have been arrested and the case is moving forward.