Chesco Homes Report: For Sale & Sold, Dec. 12, 201412/12/2014 11:20AM ● By Kevin
535 E. South St., Kennett Square. Photo courtesy of Realtor.com.
Kennett Square, Toughkenamon, Avondale, Chatham, and West Grove areas, ranging from $89,990 to $449,900, as featured on realtor.com.
If you are wondering what houses in the area are selling for, we provide a monthly wrap up for these towns, as well. If you’ve noticed a house for sale in your neighborhood and wondered what it went for, scroll to the bottom of the article for a list of this month's report.
1. 140 Janine Way, West Grove ($245,000) - This 4 years young home features a formal living room, formal dining room a bright kitchen that opens up to the family room and 3 spacious bedrooms upstairs. The master bedroom includes a walk in closet, a full bath with jetted garden tub, shower stall and a double vanity. The 2 extra bedrooms are spacious and a separate laundry room upstairs for your everyday convenience. The home also features a basement with an egress and 3 car garage. Make your appointment today. Built in 2010, the colonial has a three-car garage.
2. 23 Stanford Drive, West Grove ($320,000) - Avon Grove schools. This well laid out home is waiting for you. With a big kitchen and a breakfast room that overlooks open space with a backdrop of trees, you will find this to be a beautiful place to call yours. The deck is maintenance free. The family room, dining room and formal living room all have hardwood flooring and the second floor has all new carpets. Main bedroom is a good size and has a walk in closet. Three more sunny bedrooms round out the second floor. A WALK OUT finished basement with a large open room as well as a separate exercise/bonus room. This home will need some cosmetic sprucing up but is your chance to build some equity by buying into a fabulous neighborhood that is close to Goddard Park and all it's walking trails, a playground and doggy park. Built in 2003, the home features a two-car garage.
3. 118 Church St., Toughkenamon ($122,400) - All prospective buyers are encouraged to pre-qualify through Ditech prior to submitting an offer. Ditech provides prospective buyers with a free financial analysis, competitive rates, terms, low money down programs, guaranteed on-time closings, and may offer closing cost assistance. Built in 1918, the colonial features four bedrooms, and one and a half bathrooms.
4. 1001 Newark Road, Toughkenamon ($269,900) - Classic Chester County Cape Cod featuring Ample Shed Dormers with Fantastic Shop/Garage all in convenient Toughkenamon. This immaculate home is truly move-in ready. This beautiful home features large rooms, a massive 19 x 13 great room with screened porch through 3 elegant french doors, beautiful super-maintained hardwood floors, crystal glass door knobs, craftsman wood work, four porches, finished attic, cedar closet, knotty pine room family room, beautifully pointed stone fireplace fitted with wood stove, cozy original radiators, even a charming, built-in ironing board. All bedrooms well sized, one features a balcony porch. The basement is stupendous, meticulously maintained, extra large utility sink, fios, up to date maintained furnace, a dream. Detached two car garage, air compressors, electric. Perfect for history buff, car enthusiasts or craftsman. This home has been meticulously maintained since 1981 by current owner. Lovingly landscaped with overflowing azaleas and camelias, fall color from burning bush and enjoy the shade of the large ginkgo tree. Buy with confidence, one year home warranty. Built in 1929.
5. 558 Coatesville Road, Chatham ($449,900) - This adorable bucolic farm is very close to "Cheshire Hunt Country" (well within riding distance); not insignificant for horse enthusiasts. Currently a tenant in the 2 bed, 2 full bath cottage; farm also has a 6 stall center hall design with loads of hay storage on second floor and tack room. Farm includes two large paddocks (one with a run in shed), many outbuildings and tractor shed and this property has a stream. There are two functioning septic systems on this property and well. There is loads of potential for this property - per the London Grove Township this property is under "AP" designation; so offers a variety of options in as far as building or subdivision. Option 1 would be to subdivide land into (4) 1.5 acre builable lots, w/ one remaining 3.5 acre buildable lot. Option 2 leaves land in tact and simply build new or expand upon the existing cottage or simply buy and use as is. Option 3 could be a business - best use may be a service business such as a vet or related business (check with township on all options listed to verify).
6. 21 Roberts Way, Avondale ($89,990) - This beautiful home is a once in a life time opportunity to own your own home in the heart of Avondale. Come experience the largest home in the community at over 2100 sg. ft. You have to see how well this home has been meticulously maintained, customize by the owners, and will be a dream come true for you. This 4 bedroom 2.5 bath home features 2178 sq. ft. of living space with a luxury bath, huge deck, laundry room, gathering room, living room, and sitting room. A majestic 76 x 28 home expands to a covered 12 by 12 deck. The sale is for the home not the land. The ground rent is 443. Built in 2001.
7. 5 Inniscrone Drive, Avondale ($319,990) - Unwrap Your Holiday Savings. Now through 12/21/14 take advantage of the biggest savings of the yera with up to $50,000 in FREE options. Plus your home comes with Included Luxury Features such as recessed lights in your kitchen, a $500 credit towards kitchen cabinets with included knobs and cabinet crown molding, upgraded cabinets in your bathrooms, hardwood in your foyer and powder room, garage door opener, and double-bowl sinks in your bathrooms. Beautiful new homesites just released in our final phase. Who says a luxurious lifestyle can't be an affordable one? The Preserve at Inniscrone- a breathtaking golf course community featuring luxury homes in the highly acclaimed Avon Grove School District. From the stunning Inniscrone Golf course and 310 acres of open space to the large homesites and airy, spacious homes, everyone in the household will feel indulged. The Savoy is a traditional center hall colonial with the living room on one side and the formal dining room on the other. The generously sized family room opens into the dinette and eat-in kitchen. On the upper level, the owner's suite is appointed with a large walk-in closet and dual vanities. The Savoy comes equipped with four bedrooms, a two-car garage and unfinished lower level. Built in 2014.
8. 100 Lantana Drive, Kennett Square ($349,000) - Are you tired of heating and cleaning your big home? Is it time to downsize? Try this ONE FLOOR LIVING, beautiful and clean 2 bedrooms, 2 bath Absecon model home in the outstanding community of Traditions at Longwood. This property sits on a corner lot with beautiful side and rear views of pine trees, offering privacy, comfort and enjoyment and complete with electronic outside fencing for your dog. This home has a great floor plan and is sun filled and bright with sparkling entrance oak wood flooring in the foyer, spacious dining room with bay window, floor to ceiling windows and complemented with new rugs, wainscoting, chair rail and crown molding throughout. The kitchen includes all G.E. Profile appliances boasts unbelievable cabinet space with Corian countertops, double sink, soffit lighting, 5 burner gas stove and an expanded 10 ft. morning room creating a spacious eating area. The living room with its floor to ceiling windows and beautiful white marble slate gas fireplace provides heat, relaxation and a great place for socializing. The master bedroom has an attractive tray ceiling, floor to ceiling windows and is adjacent to the master bath complete with double sink, tiled flooring and leads to the spacious walk in closet. The utility bills are reasonable with two zoned thermostat controlling the heating and air conditioning and there is a one year home warranty offered by the owner. Traditions is a 55 + community with 300 homes, two clubhouses, a pool, tennis courts garden plots and other amenities. There are 31 acres of maintained common grounds, 19 acres of natural wetlands and a beautiful two acre pond. Come take a look. Property taxes can be appealed. Built in 2005.
9. 135 Concord Court #64, Kennett Square ($219,900) - Built in 1993, the colonial townhome has two bedrooms and one and a half bathrooms.
10. 535 E. South St., Kennett Square ($284,900) - Best Valued New Construction in Kennett Square Borough.....dare to compare. 4 BR/2.2 BA Twin Home with finished basement, deck, and garage. This home (right side twin) is 1 of 2 for sale. Home features carolina beaded siding and real stone exterior. Main level includes living room, eating area, kitchen, laundry area and powder room. Upstairs features main bedroom with walk-in closet and full bath as well as 3 additional bedrooms and a hall bath. Finished walk-out basement features large family room for entertaining as well as a powder room. Public Water/Public Sewer/Natural Gas. Lots of upgrades throughout this home including hardwood flooring, gourmet kitchen with granite countertop, real wood stairs, crown molding and trim work, Anderson Windows, professional landscaping and so much more. Save yourself the HOA fees with this home and have the privacy of a yard that extends well behind the home. Now's your chance to be part of flourishing Kennett Square and own a new home. Estimated delivery date for this home is Jan 30, 2015. Built in 2014 - garage fits one car.
Sold HomesThe following houses were sold in the last month:
- 112 Church St., Toughkenamon - $95,000
- 33 Oakland Ave., West Grove - $192,000
- 4 Dingee Road, West Grove - $255,000
- 21 Radence Lane, West Grove - $330,000
- 18 Sullivan Chase Drive, Avondale - $345,000
- 5 Wellsville Lane, Avondale - $350,000
- 332 Astilbe Drive, Kennett Square - $355,000
- 507 New Covenant Court, Avondale - $428,000
- 104 Pierce Lane, Kennett Square - $772,652
- 112 Pleasant Bank Lane, Kennett Square - $775,000