Real estate tax deadbeat report07/30/2014 03:07PM ● By Lev
By Uncle Irvin
To make the 2014 list of taxpayers who are the most delinquent on properties that are up for sheriff sale in southern Chester County, you have to owe more than $16,000. The high dollar amount of back taxes owed is no doubt due to higher millage, particularly from school districts.
The purpose of publishing the top 10 -- in addition to the full county report elsewhere in this issue -- is simply to remind those of us who pay our taxes in a timely manner that we are paying more than we should because the county, municipalities, and school districts “mark up” their millage to account for the deadbeats.
The deadbeats are costing us more money.
1. Fred & Lisa Scannapieco, Commerce Boulevard, Penn Township, $63,658
2. Applebrook LLC Vet Clinic, Market Street, Oxford, $55,062
3. Edward & Janice Niewinski, Williams Lane, Kennett Township, $46,282
4. C. Donald & Linda Cox, Spear Street, Oxford, $28,156
5. Ronald & Jennifer Simonetti, Pennfield Drive, Kennett Township, $25,690
6. Jane Methvin, Martin Drive, London Grove, $22,147
7. Timothy Hayworth, Elkdale Road, Lower Oxford, $19,307
8. Peter Jr. and Sydney Jordan, Lavender Hill Lane, New Garden, $17,434
9. Jesus M. Baeza & Alvarez Beatriz Inez, Meredith Street, Kennett Square, $17,122
10. Douglas S. Thompson, Sunrise Drive, New Garden, $16,406