Friday, Opening Reception: 5:30pm to 8:30pm, Refreshments and Cash Bar
Saturday: 10:00am to 5:00pm, with an Honored Artist Reception from 1 to 2pm
Sunday: 11:00am to 3:00pm
The DFVA Spring Art Show marks its 17th year. An impressive group of over 60 professional artists from the Brandywine area will exhibit and sell original new works of art created for this event. This is an exceptional collection of original art, including paintings, sculpture, porcelain, ceramics, jewelry and limited edition reproductions. 30% of your purchases are tax deductible.
The “Honored Artist” for this year’s show is Charles Rowe, professor emeritus at the University of Delaware. Mr. Rowe has exhibited throughout the United States and Europe, and won the 1981 Delaware Duck Stamp award with his painting, “Black and White.” Rowe maintained private ownership of his winning painting, the only Duck Stamp painting not owned by the state since 1981. As a unique opportunity for the collector, DFVA will offer this painting for sale, along with Mr. Rowe’s current original works which are surrealist in style.
This year’s show will feature:
• FREE beer tasting Friday by Twin Lakes Brewery
• Olga Neilsen will demonstrate portrait painting on Saturday afternoon.
• Helena van Emmerik-Finn will sketch charcoal profiles on Sunday afternoon.
• A raffle will provide an opportunity to win original miniature paintings, sculpture and jewelry created by our participating artists.
• Artwork exhibit by this year’s winners in our “Excellence in Drawing Competition” for Delaware High School Students will be featured.