Fostering Resilience for Youth Through Trauma-Sensitive Yoga Training
Join Transformation Yoga Project for an in-depth training for yoga teachers, social workers, schoolteachers, counselors, and other interested professionals who work with children and adolescents. This training is open to people interested in learning trauma-sensitive, mindfulness-based tools to share with young people that foster resilience, decrease stress, and increase emotion regulation. Led by Colleen DeVirgiliis and Katy Kopnitsky, who will share their experience working with youth in alternative schools, behavioral health settings, foster care and within juvenile detention centers, this training will include interactive lecture, group dialogue, experiential instruction and practice instruction based on research and experience working in the field.
The workshop takes place Sat., June 22 and Sun., June 23 from 11 am – 6 pm each day. The cost for both days is $325 and 12 Yoga Alliance CEUs are available upon completion.
• What is yoga service?
• Accessibility and inclusion in class facilitation
• What is unresolved trauma and how does this affect the body, mind, spirit connection?
• Adverse Childhood Experiences and health outcomes • Resiliency Theory
• Logistics and best practices for offering programs for youth
• How to create a class that is trauma sensitive and responsive to participants
• Mindfulness activities to increase focus and attention, decrease stress and increase social emotional learning skills
To register, visit https://secure.lglforms.com/form_engine/s/4UA4eJn73w5nDX2rESM8_Q.
For more information, call 484-730-1999, email email@example.com, or visit http://transformationyogaproject.org/. Transformation Yoga Project is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.
CANCELLATION POLICY: If more than 24-hours notice is given, you may reschedule, or cancellations are subject to a refund less a $25 administrative fee. Cancelations within 24 hours of training will be refunded one-half of the registration fee.
Date & Time
Weekly on Sunday and Saturday
06/22/2019 through 06/23/2019
11:00AM - 6:00PM