Career Expo & Open House - Technicians & Technology
Over 100 local employers onsite at career fair to discuss opportunities
If you've ever been interested or curious about a career in automotive and diesel technology, UTI-Exton's Open House on April 17, 10 am to 6 pm, is an excellent free introduction to the industry. Over 100 local employers will be onsite to discuss opportunities and career possibilities.
- Tour modern labs where graduates have learned skills to help get an edge in the job market and meet instructors to gain valuable info about UTI programs that can be finished in less than a year
- Explore in-demand skills and meet with employers to discover career opportunities and hiring incentives, including tuition reimbursement, sign-on bonuses and relocation packages
- Learn about financial aid options including housing grants and scholarships, assistance finding housing, and student support services
- Experience live, interactive demos, including dyno runs, hands-on STEM exercises and manufacturer-specific diagnostic and driver-facing computer systems
- Speak with premier employers from Penske Truck, CAT, Chapman Auto Group, NTB, CarSense, Faulkner Automotive Group, SEPTA, the NJ Dept. of Transportation and more, who will be available to discuss tuition reimbursement plans and hiring incentives.
Themed around “Technicians and Technology,” this event will showcase the high-tech, sophisticated and STEM-based nature of today’s transportation industry and workforce. Demand for trained technicians is high.
The US Department of Labor projects that, by 2026, there will be more than 1.2 million job openings nationally across the automotive, diesel and collision repair industries. To accommodate this demand, the transportation industry will need to fill – on average – 120,000 positions each year. As part of the Technicians and Technology Career Expo & Open House, attendees will learn how they can be trained to help fill these jobs in as little as 11 months. For more information, please call (610) 458-5595.
Date & Time
April 17, 2019
10:00AM - 6:00PM