Landenberg Homes For Sale & Sold: June 8, 2015
● By Kevin
222 Mercer Mill Road. Photo courtesy of Realtor.com
Landenberg Homes Report - June 8, 2015 [5 Images] Click Any Image To Expand
If you are wondering what houses in the area are selling for, we provide a wrap up for these towns, as well. If you’ve noticed a house for sale in your neighborhood and wondered what it went for, scroll to the bottom of the article for a list of this month's report.
1. 114 Partridge Way ($459,900) - This beautiful 4 bedroom, 2 full bath, 2 half bath home is in absolute move-in condition and features a brand new kitchen with 42" cabinets, granite counters and stainless appliances. Great room has wood burning stone fireplace and French doors leading to 30 x 12 deck overlooking a very private backyard with inground pool plus an EP Henry paver patio with large stone fire pit, perfect for entertaining. Handsome on site finished hardwood flooring throughout the main floor. Master bedroom includes a large walk in closet and gorgeous master bath with granite and walk-in shower. 2nd bedroom also has large walk-in closet that leads to walk-in floored attic for lots of storage space. Guest bath has granite, custom tile and wainscoting. Huge finished basement with additional half bath, gas fireplace, wet bar and sliders leading to pool area. Oversized turned 2 car garage, large front porch, first floor laundry and office, fresh paint throughout the entire home, truly a beautiful private setting. Also located in the highly rated Avon Grove school district. Brand new septic system. Listing agent is owner.
2. 222 Mercer Mill Road ($389,000) - Check out this stunning oak-Post-and-Beam cedar-Board-and-Batten home on just under three acres including a large spring-fed pond, surrounded by gardens, wonderful views and beautiful wildlife within sight of horse pasture. This is your vacation home just minutes from work! On the inside of this charming, airy, and naturally-lit home are exposed peg construction, a spiral staircase, a fabulous open floor plan, and plenty of lofted ceilings and skylights. The spacious great room has a spectacular lofted ceiling with skylight, a beautiful river-stone floor-to-ceiling fireplace framed by tall windows, and oak flooring. The newer kitchen with built-in appliances leads past a breakfast bar to a Morning/Breakfast room with bay window view to the 0.4 acre pond, all adjacent to a Franklin stove. The chandeliered dining room with large imported Mexican tiled floor leads through French doors to the oversize screened in porch and adjacent deck. This is where you surrender to the Zen-like Calming atmosphere of a Nature Lovers Dream! Your own personal retreat - overlooking a ferned and wooded slope leading to the pond with its basking turtles, bass and blue gill, native plants such as water lily and iris, and nests and frequent visits by beautiful birds such as herons, kingfishers, and wood ducks. The main floor also has two bedrooms with skylights and abundant windows, sharing a full bath. Up the spiral staircase takes us to the large landing of the spacious master suite, with sunroom, bay window looking to the pond, lofted ceiling, skylights, jetted bath, tiled shower, and dual sinks. The lower floor has a family area, two offices, a mirrored exercise area, half bath, wood stove, and a large storage room. As well as a detached two car garage, a third building is divided into a large insulated workshop and a one car garage with potting area and storage, suitable for a third car or lawn tractor. A short hike takes you to a township nature preserve, and very nearby are the hiking, picnicking, and recreational opportunities of the White Clay Creek watershed and its parks in both Pennsylvania and Delaware.
3. 106 Cezanne Court ($640,000) - This Gorgeous model-like Wilkinson home in the picturesque Landenberg countryside of Auburn Hills has everything including a finished basement with sliders to in-ground pool with waterfall, isolated workout and theatre rooms and grand space for pool table, bar or whatever your heart desires, sun room, custom master walk in closet to die for (with custom center island in closet), upgraded baths, expanded kitchen island, private office. Gunstock oak hardwood floors, rounded corners on each entryway - a classic Wilkinson upgrade you rarely see - private office with french door entrance and custom desk with credenza, coffered ceiling in dining room, expanded granite island in kitchen, oversized 3 car garage....you name it, its got it. Over one acre of professionally landscaped property backing to open space adding to the privacy while also being in a luxurious Wilkinson community. Just a couple country blocks to Rt 1 gives you easy access to Avondale, Kennett, Hockessin & Landenberg. Golf, Restaurants & Farms within immediate proximity. It not only has it all, its in the center of it all! Check out the virtual tour to see how truly spectacular this home is. Your tour of area homes will not be complete without seeing what this spectacular home has to offer.
4. 108 Penn Green Road ($464,900) - Charming stone cape code tucked in a beautiful private setting in the woods on 1.5 acres. Interior has been completely renovated and systems have been updated in the last 6 Years! First floor features a bedroom and full bathroom giving the capability of a first floor master bedroom. Kitchen which includes white 42" cabinets, stainless steel appliances and butcher block counters. Cozy Living room with Stone wood burning fireplace. Upstairs is a spacious Master Bedroom suite with walk in closet with custom builtins, Master bathroom with double marble vanity and updated white tile floor and shower. Walk down to the lower level to a Family room with tile floor and a bedroom with a full bathroom. Peaceful outside setting, walk across the bridge to 32 x 24 outbuilding with water and electricity great for a workshop or studio and don't forget the detached 2 car garage!
5. 228 Good Hope Road ($365,000) - This beautifully converted residence was originally the North Bank School c. 1867. This historically significant home and substantial grounds provide tons of privacy and access trails to the White Clay Creek. Romantic elements such as exposed wood beams, intricate mill work, stone wall accents, and original schoolhouse blackboard evoke the ambiance of this home"s storied past. Wide planked hardwood flooring, deep window sills, and large windows and skylights enhance the space and instill a sense of refined living with endless character and charm. The unique layout of this home presents versatile spaces with infinite possibilities. A private stairway leads to the "Loft" style master suite with vaulted ceiling, sitting/dressing room, half bath and access to private patio. A secondary "Loft" style bedroom was finished into a unique bedroom and full bath suite with claw foot tub. Indeed, there is no lack of space in this home as it also includes a main level suite (possible second master or in-law suite) with walk-in closet and nearby full bath. A large laundry area, pre-built detached garage, storage shed and workshop with outside access complete the exceptional value of this wonderful home. *Recent updates include zoned geothermal heating/ cooling system, all new ductwork, spray foam insulation to various rooms, renovation of master bedroom and addition of outdoor stone patio and retaining wall including lighting.
Sold HomesThe following houses were sold in the last month:
- 5 Riverwood Drive - $340,000
- 4 Kotobuki Lane - $386,598
- 17 White Clay Drive - $390,000
- 129 Crescent Road #109 - $415,000
- 143 Watson Mill Road - $425,000