Two Octorara students die from accidental carbon monoxide poisoning
11/25/2014 03:55PM ● Published by J. Chambless
Carly Marie Imbierowicz
By John Chambless
Two teens died of accidental carbon monoxide poisoning in the early morning hours of Nov. 22, according to a report issued Tuesday by Pennsylvania State Police Avondale.
Police did not identify the students, but local media reports said they were Carly Marie Imbierowicz, 16, of Highland Township; and Daulton David Pointek, 17, of West Fallowfield Township. They were both students at Octorara High School.
Police reported that the two had seen a movie in Downingtown with some friends on Friday evening, and were driving to the girl's home when they pulled to the side of the southbound lane of Friends Meetinghouse Road.
A passerby discovered the car and the two teens on Saturday at around noon and called police. A preliminary toxicology report indicated that both victims died of carbon monoxide poisoning. The car had a damaged exhaust system that apparently allowed fumes to seep into the passenger compartment. There is no indication of foul play or suspicious activity.
When the car was found, the gas tank was empty and the ignition was in the on position. The police investigation is ongoing.
Pointek’s funeral services are scheduled Nov. 26 at 11 a.m. at the Freedom Life Christian Center in Christiana, Pa. A memorial mass for Imbierowicz is scheduled Nov. 29 at 11 a.m. at St. Malachi’s Church in Cochranville. A fund has been set up to pay Imbierowicz's funeral expenses at http://www.gofundme.com/carlyimbierowicz.
To contact Staff Writer John Chambless, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.